Thursday, March 25, 2010

Betwixt and Between

Yesterday, in meditation, my Metaphor and my Muse appeared standing shoulder-to-shoulder in front of me. They parted, and as they did, the Magician walked forward and stood in the space between them.

He (My Magician is most definitely male energy, but I bet you knew that already) wore a three cornered hat which was poised fairly low on his forehead, so I was hoping he didn’t notice how afraid I was (and that I was avoiding looking into his eyes). His robe and his hat were bluer than purple in contrast to a large red plume attached to the left side of his hat. The embroidery of his floor length robe was white, intricate, and meticulously hand sewn.

He didn’t seem compelled to do anything except stand in front of me and project His essence. As I started to relax, a very powerful and clear thought shook my body in the exact manner my home was shaken two weeks ago during a 4.2 earthquake. It (the thought, not the power with which it was said) startled me as it reverberated through my body because I recalled that same thought ran through my body the day I consciously saw that my MEB’s Technicolor Dreamcoat had been hanging in my closet all along. The thought He sent was “POSSIBILITY.”

Then He was gone.

This morning He appeared sans his sisters and communicated one more thought, “MIRACULOUS.” Now, I thought, is He a little odd? Or is English His second language? “Miraculous” is an adjective. So….miraculous……what?? I had almost worked up the courage to ask for a noun to complete the thought.

Then He was gone.

I have a feeling He’s asking me to practice that restraint thing again. (And it’s getting just the teeniest bit irritating.)

However today, in the spirit of BEING magical instead of ACTIVELY conjuring up the magical, I decided to let “miraculous” sit in me open and unattached. To let it flow through my body with no particular destination. To let the word tell me what it wants to tell me when it’s ready to tell me. (FYI - Nothing yet.)

One thing I know. The image of the Magician bridging the space betwixt and between the Metaphor and the Muse is alive in my mind. I understand the betwixt and between space requires my restraint so I can finally stop bouncing back and forth in identification with a quality and it’s polar opposite dependent on external circumstances. The “POSSIBILITIES” and the “MIRACULOUS” are internal, born in the space between masculine and feminine, centered and fluid, straight and curved, angular and wavy, and exactly precise and gloriously messy.

I have a very strong feeling that betwixt and between is where the Greater Field of Life and the reconciliation of the seemingly irreconcilable meet.

I’m ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment