Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It Was Mine All Along

So here’s the story, the title of my new blog rushed at me like a perfectly formed wave at First Beach, so thinking, of course, that no one else would have thought of the name I had chosen, with great excitement and certainty, I announced it to all of you.

www.It’s In Our Hands.blogspot.com!

It was already taken.

I was a bit bummed because I did have my heart set on it, but I figured the universe had a different name in mind so I waited for it. I told myself that I needed to be patient (cause I am working on that!) and allow the perfect name come to me. I waited and everything I heard in my mind was either already taken or not exactly what I wanted to say.

After an excruciatingly long six days of excruciating waiting, I did as I often do. I went to the absolute extreme and decided that I couldn’t come up with a great name because I had nothing left to say. (Sound familiar??? When am I going to get over myself???) Yesterday I decided to accept it, and let the blog go.

This morning as I was waking up, my title flew into my head like Cupid’s arrow.

By Guess and By God.

That’s the title and focus of one of my posts from a few months ago.

And it was right there in front of my face the whole time.

I am in the process of setting up the blog and hope, in the next few days, to launch my new website:

www.byguessandbygod.blogspot.com

Hope to see you there.

And, yes, I quickly reserved the name, but didn’t really need to. I realized it was mine all along and patiently waiting...

where I could see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment