Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I’m So Glad We Had This Time Together

Just to have a laugh or sing a song. Seems we just get started and before you know it, comes the time we have to say, “So Long.” Engage eye contact with audience, tug left earlobe, roll credits…

It’s a wrap (thank you Carol Burnett).

I have been avoiding the impulse to answer the call, but, since my last post, there has been a gentle knocking at my door.

My son’s dad is pulling together his pieces, putting himself and his gifts out there for all to experience, regaining all the years eaten by the locusts, and, generally, evolving into the man he was born to be.

Our son had a very successful summer school experience. He was able to settle in, be active in the classroom and show his teacher and his classmates who he is evolving to be. He is in his second week of a three week remote mountaineering and sea kayaking experience with the Outward Bound program. It is very rigorous (including a night or two alone in the Cascades…yikes!). He went off knowing (although perhaps not fully understanding) that he was going to be putting himself to the test: physically, socially, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. And…he was ready.

I am in a very expansive and trusting place within myself. I know my destination, but I have no idea how it will unfold. I am beside myself with gratitude to be living this deeply connected to my Self.

When I began this blog on December 22, 2009, my vision was to reconcile and heal the seemingly irreconcilable within myself so I could help my son and by extension, others. It was a global vision to be sure, but my focus was “at home.” I knew that I could not venture out into the world with my Calling unless I felt confident in my ability to deal with myself and my little family.

I am ready to (ad)venture away from home.

My newly revised intention is this:

I have responded to the call of the Greater Field of Life and stepped into my unique and essential leadership role in midwifing the birth of Global Family into world consciousness. In every way, I model and teach the ferocity, the skills and the capacities required to expand and extend the giving and receiving of Love from individual points of personal focus to a fully illuminated spectrum of Universal Love inclusive of all in the Global Family.

This new intention leads me back to the gentle persistent knocking at my door. What happened when I opened the door was, to me, nothing short of shocking or my own personal miracle because let me tell you, Honey, LOVE was the LAST thing I expected to see when I answered it, but there LOVE (He/She) was (suitcase in hand).

So I welcomed LOVE in to join my family and I (my son, his dad, my brothers, my parents, and my Mastery Sisters) and my extended (blog-inspired) family: J.C., my Muse, my Metaphor (no surprise, they had been waiting for Her/Him), the Ancient Mariner, and all those crazy, wild 12th Century French people who nourished themselves by holding a bigger vision of God for their families, their community and the world by building Notre Dame Cathedral knowing they would never see it completed.

With my newly inclusive family supporting me, I am able to release this blog, this chapter in my life.

Thank you everyone who took the time to read and, I hope, enjoy and learn a little more about the universal Us. I also hope that this blog has been as nourishing for you personally as it has been for me.

You are now a part of my family.

I will be continuing in a new blog on a more expansive field very soon. The name of the blog will be: "It’s In Our Hands"

www.itsinourhands.blogspot.com

With deep, deep LOVE and gratitude...

It's time to say “ So Long.”

No comments:

Post a Comment